20.

Monday 29 July 2013




Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me -- Here I am, oldest I've ever been and the youngest I will ever be. What a deep thought, lol. At the age of 20, I'm studying dentistry, I've had a dozen of blogs, a kind of successful tumblr blog with few thousands of followers, but I am still a hell of a mess maker! Tumblr taught me that it's okay to be awkward, it's alright to spend your Saturday nights in, watching silly movies of your preference (horrors in my case, always horrors) and it's more than acceptable if the list of your previous boyfriends is short or maybe even non-existent. I've developed 11 films -- but never yet got 36 out of 36 pictures on them. If I were to form one simple costant in my life, it would the fact that pictures of me in the mirror or captures of coffee I make myself, spending way to much time on decoration of what I'm about to drink, NEVER turn out alright on film. Duh. Sadly, I gave up on my vidding career and possible Hollywood fame. I have done some very stupid things, trusted people I shouldn't have, fucked up my relationship with parents, ruined a few friendships as well. It puts me almost at the start of year two, at uni, over 200 kms away from my hometown. During those 20 years I got addicted to caffeine and bad reality shows (mostly Hardcore Pawn and some stupid Polish ones, we all know what I'm talking about). I proved a lot to myself over that time. Overcome some fears along the way. I don't intend to give my character any particular depth. I am a regular nerd, with no social life, several passions and unstoppable will to pursue dreams and make changes. 

Most of the time, I have been lost. Wandering around, stumbling upon things that might have or mightn't have blossomed into something more. I found myself in Japanese literature, especially in Murakami's magical realism. Over the years, I have been a little detective with Christie, a young woman from the suburbs of Boston with Plath, May Kasahara of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle & Lisa Rowe, an interrupted sociopath. I have tried writing myself, one shot fics I'd call them, just for kicks of cheering me up if I'm ever down and in need of taking my mind off things. I was a happy child, naively thinking I had a perfect family like the ones you'd see in Sunday movies on telly. I never made any strong relationships with people. Thoughts of primary school bring on a vague feeling of being rejected by others, misunderstood, vague enough to be shaken after a moment, when I remember all the cool things I was a part of back then. I'm still pretty sure I was not the widely liked or appreciated kid. Junior high was the initial period of time when I consciously reached out to someone and got my heart broken for the very first time. That sort of went on and off for next 10 years. In high school I told myself that it's no use in having any regrets at all, especially if I don't do anything wrong -- I was always a sensible person and although some of my actions were plain stupid (I don't regret them, but I can fully agree that I must have been a dumbass back then), but to be quite honest, some will make a hell of a story in the future.











I've met some incredible people during those 20 years. It's hard for me to even tell how long I've known Marret, a friend of mine for the Netherlands with whom I first started talking....via youtube. Remember how I mentioned my vidding career earlier in that post? Yeah, exactly. I'm pretty certain she's been in my life the longest (out of the people I can call my friends right now) -- when we meet one day, I swear it will be hard for me to even stop taking pictures of her pretty face! Most of the time, friendships like ours, the over distance ones, don't actually last long. Maybe, in my case it was not actually that hard, but in fact easier. You can ask some of my regular real life best friends (who you will be hearing about A LOT in the future, so I'm not going to dwell on that now, love you babes!), being friends with me is kind of tough. I'm tough. Anything that involves any feelings and me is tough. So I often run away. And if I do, then for awhile there is no turning back for me. I often ask myself why some people actually bother to reach out to me after I fail at reaching out to them, again and again. "My ears hear what others cannot hear. Small faraway things people cannot normally see are visible to me. These senses are the fruit of a lifetime of longing, longing to be rescued, to be completed. Just as the skirt needs the wind to billow, I'm not formed by things that are of myself alone. I wear my father's belt tied around my mother's blouse, and shoes which are from my uncle. This is me. Just as a flower does not choose its color, we are not responsible for what we have come to be. Only once you realize this do you become free, and to become adult is to become free."

I've heard I was different. Too often do I wonder, wouldn't it be easier if people knew how to be completely honest with each other? I'm done with being treated like someone whose reaction you should fear. Being human, knowing how to forgive and forget, I am genuinely sad when someone takes it for granted. Sometimes I feel like I have lost to much due to the fact that people are so diffucult to figure out. My disguise is usually so thin you could see right through it, at least I think so, never had I thought that it's rather hard for anyone to get inside my head. One thing that you should know about me is that I hate deception, I hate foolishness, but I love sushi. Oh well, what an awkward way to finish. 

If you're still reading then well, congratulations, you've made it till the end! Just to sum up everything (pretty much everything I guess) I'd say only that I'd rather take pictures than pose for them. I'd rather drink Martini bianco than rosato -- and I'd rather love people than hate them. Keep that in mind, please. May you have amazing vacay! Namasté!

11 comments:

  1. I only got 17 out of my 36 pictures developed last time. Pretty terrible haha.

    Anyway it was so lovely to read this post and learn more about you, even though I've been following you on Tumblr for years. I hope you had a wonderful birthday & have many great birthdays to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the day I get 36 out of 36 will be one of the happiest days ever! Thank you a lot, sweetheart! And guess what, I finally have comment replies, thanks to you! :)

      Delete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) And many more amazing birthdays to come.
    Horror movies are a favorite of mine, and when I watch them on my own at night sometimes I can't sleep! Haha.
    You will have a bright future. Just keep your head up and your attitude positive, which you seem to be doing!
    You made me a little nervous about my film development! I finally got a Canon AE-1. Hopefully not too may problems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, dear! You will have a blast with that camera. Canon AE-1 is actually what I wanted to get, but I found it a bit too pricey since we don't have thrift stores around where I live. Enjoy your new beauty! Thank you so much for the wishes and yes, keeping positive attitude is crucial, I'm working on it :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! Wow, so many experiences in your short life already. But that makes us learn and grow in life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to believe that real life and real adventure is yet to begin ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm late but happy birthday! Everything's going to be okay and then everything's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie! I really appreciate you stopped by my blog, it means so much :)

      Delete
    2. I would stop by more often but previously Feedly (the blog reader I use) couldn't find your rss feed. The problem is fixed now so I'll be getting your updates! :)

      Delete
  5. Just keep doing the things you enjoy, and live life to the fullest!

    I do love these pics you've captured! And.. happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made it till the end ! and I'm still thinking about your life .... it"ll be difficult to be free ! Absolutaly free ! but it 'll be great to try to be !

    ReplyDelete

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.