the essence of Prague

Monday 16 September 2013


P R A G U E ,  T H E  E S S E N C E  I N  P I C T U R E S.





What happens in Prague, stays in Prague. . . well not exactly :)

Prague took my breath away and I haven't quite retrieved it yet. I'm not a person who travels a lot, therefore my opinion is not really reliable, but Prague has become my favourite European city at this point. We stayed in a beautiful hostel, located in Malá Strana, and spent 3 whole days there. Days which included lots of sight-seeing, staring at the skyline and drinking absinth. There is a couple of things that I've acknowledged during my stay. It's good to finally not be in the orbit of things, not being the center of anything and being responsible for myself only, and doing a great job in that field. I've shot 7 rolls of film. Mostly Tudorcolor XLX 200, Fuji Superia 200 and 400, one Agfa Vista 200 roll too. You know what that means, right? Lots and lots and lots of pictures! For now, I think of about 4 more posts and I already fear making the selection and having to leave something out. Some people buy mugs and tees, I take photographs. I feel like, because of analog photography, I could look into the heart of Prague and I genuinely loved what I saw. I've brought a bunch of happy memories back home with me.
Sitting in the park on Kampa island, listening to someone play an actual piano, which just happens to be standing in the middle of it, with the happiness in the air. Yes, actual happiness, everyone seemed to be smoking weed there. 

Images of Prague at night, when after drinking a lot of absinth, we decided to go for a walk and see the old town, with glimpses of being reckless and undeniably alive. 

Listening to Bon Iver (Re: Stacks to be exact) while looking out of our attic hotel room and feeling the crisp autumn air, being alone and at peace. 

Browsing an English bookstore's shelves, filled with books I'd only dreamt about, with a band performing just outside the store, which made the whole moment perfect. I'd read about Shakespeare and Sons before leaving for Prague, but I didn't expect it to be so good. 

Walking through the Vladislavsky sal in the Old Royal Palace and imagining my own coronation. Later on, imagining a movie out of it. With me, being a queen-to-be, having a completely right and socially acceptable relationship with a knight slash prince, played by Colin Firth. Drama free.

Meeting a street photographer, who somehow reminded me of HONY. "Act like friends." "But we're not friends." click for the picture.















Speak soon! x

32 comments:

  1. jej, jak pięknie , czekam na kolejne posty i więcej zdjęć ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. klimat zdjęć niesamowity...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are beautiful!! Prague looks so nice, I definitely want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh woww these pictures are amazing, sounds like you had a blast. Everyone has so many good things to say about Prague, I'm really excited to visit now! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zdjęcia wyszły przepięknie, analogi naprawdę oddają ten cudowny klimat. Niesamowicie to ujęłaś. Było naprawdę cudownie, może to dzięki temu, że potartłyśmy Nepomucena na moście i przyniósł nam szczęście ;-). Miło mi było w waszym towarzystwie, szkoda tylko, że byłyśmy tak krótko. Mam nadzieję, że nasze przyszłe wycieczki będą równie udane.
    Długo będę wspominać ten wyjazd, a dzięki zdjęciom, będziemy mogły za każdym razem tam wracać. Dziękuję!
    PS Też lubię Colina Firtha :). A tak przy okazji filmów, to musisz wspomnieć o Kacpragas. Czekam na kolejne posty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Kasia!
    I really love the way you've decided to share here your favourite moments in Prague! I had never been there before, but now I feel like I'd want to go there next!
    The photographs are a lovely collection of cityscapes - how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Polly! At first I just wrote those moments down, for myself only, but then I thought it would be a funny way of describing my Prague adventure with you, guys! Visit as soon as you can, you'll love it there!

      Delete
  7. So lovely! I definitely want to go to Prague now! I'm glad you had such a good time and got to be a bit more independent. Love that HONY-style picture. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that you had such a fantastic time over there! The place has to be filled with awesomeness and magic dust because all the people I know that have been there come back completely bewitched by the city! And each story that I hear makes me want to go there even more than before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always had fun reading about other people's travels and their experiences, it really is an eye-opener. I really think that writing down all these little things have helped you appreciate it even further, as well as having it for keepsakes. Your blogging skills are amazing, so thrilled that you had the time of your life! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm definitely looking forward to more pictures of Prague from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, love the atmosphere of the pictures so much :) Thank you for sharing these moments with us, Prague is definitely on the prettiest european capitals, love it so much!

    And also thank you for visiting my blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kasia this is all amazing! if there's one thing I really can't get enough is to see your blog :-) Prague is definitely a beautiful place that one day I will visit, without any doubt.
    well, my favorite is, without doubt, the one that is filled with fragments of art. is very cool! cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you are always too kind, you know? <3 Thank you for everything :)

      Delete
    2. oh, thanks again! who makes me happy to see the beautiful things like you have here, force me to be gentle :-)

      Delete
  13. Prag looks amazing! I love your pictures :)

    xx Vivi
    http://frostedpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha! pianos are everywhere in prague now! on guy took a chance and picks up old pianos and give them on public so everyone could play it. i think it's amazing idea. i already met about ten of them.

    anyway, i'm really so sorry i forgot the date you arrived and haven't met you to show you some wonderful places or café, but i see you did it on your own :)

    tereza odehnalova (instagram so-called mate haha)

    //p.s. i think we could understand each other even in czech+polish, what do you think? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww don't worry, it is alright! I had so much fun in Prague I totally forgot myself. I will be back one day for sure, so we will make it work eventually! I saw a couple of awesome places, it would be lovely to see some more next time.

      Pianos are magical! They really made it my whole Prague experience better!
      I think we could give it a try! Add me up on Facebook

      Delete
  15. So lovely. I really didn't like Prague last time I went there (probably wrong people+ freezing cold didn't arrange the thing) but your pictures really makes me want to go back ! One day I guess ...
    Just curious, which camera do you use ? A Zenit ? It's really sharp !
    By the way your comment really made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It seems like you had a great time in Prague :) I'm going to Berlin in November, and this post is making me even more excited than I already was about traveling! I love the sensation of discovering a new world, having all this time (though limited) to do all sorts of fun stuff. These pictures have definitely inspired me to be sure that I capture everything while I'm there (after all, the reason I'm going is because I'm a photographer in a press team).
    I can't wait to see more of Prague through your photographs~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prague always seemed like a wonderful place. Your film images make the place so much more charming.
    Now, i would like to visit Prague too:-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just a word ! Wonderful ! Prague still makes happy some dreamers ....

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are beautiful! I've always wanted to go to Prague. Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These photos are just so lovely! I specially live the one of the girl with the blonde braid resting on the map. It's so beautiful! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wowee im absolutely gobsmacked with those beautiful beautiful images! xx

    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't had internet connection in weeks and I came back to see lots and lots of posts. Yay! Starting my first day of uni with your photos: awesome! Goergeous photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh how i'd love to visit prague!!
    xx
    http://www.sundaynightpaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your photos are so gorgeous! You are seriously so talented. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such pretty images !! I'm so excited about Prague as I'm traveling in two weeks and your photos made want to be there even more !!

    ReplyDelete

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.