Swell Festival by Erin Oxnam

Tuesday 27 October 2015


A few weekends ago my friends and I went down to our local beach to see the sculptures at Swell Festival. It’s hosted every year at Currumbin Beach and has some amazing creations that artists work on all year.

I’ve only been down to see it one other time two years ago and I was really happy with the pictures I took with my Zenit EM-1. Since then, I’ve become quite acquainted with my Pentax ME Super and wanted to test it out to see how the pictures held up against the ones from 2013.


I used two different rolls of film – Lomo Colour 100 and Fuji Superia 200. I was definitely much happy with the Fujifilm photos; I find the Lomo Color 100 ISO film to not hold up, even in the bright afternoon sunlight. I think I’m actually going to ditch 100 ISO film altogether when shooting, as I’m never as happy with the results as I am with 200 and 400 ISO film.

My favourite sculpture was the graffiti wall by far. I love that it was interactive; all kinds of people were writing and drawing their own creations that they knew would be spray painted over later. I love the impermanency of the whole concept of the sculpture.

I can’t wait to check out the Swell Sculpture Festival next year. Thank you to Kasia for inviting me onto her blog. It is truly an honour as she has been an inspiration to me for years and without even knowing it helped me to continue on my film journey when I was just about ready to give up.

Erin usually blogs at 'Being Erin'
{ She's a 23 year old girl from Australia. She posts a variety of things including photography, lomography, hauls, thoughts, reviews and personal posts. }














No comments

Post a Comment

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.