let's go outside.

Thursday 5 September 2013

let's go outside, get some air / find our souls next to the water

It is only when you ride that you can clear your head of all things unwanted. Now that I spent almost 10 hours on a bus yesterday, I really mean it. Looking at the sun, through the polarized glass windows, with the music loud enough to kill whatever comes to your mind. Two weeks ago, I was in Gdynia, enjoying some late August sun by the Baltic sea. It's a magical and unique thing to be woken up by seagulls in the morning, not by the usual beep-beep of your alarm that already gives you somatic symptoms of depression. As much as I love going away, I love coming back. That visit assured me that even though I regret not studying dentistry in Gdańsk, like every day, I wouldn't want to live that close to the sea. I love breeze, but wow the wind they have there! Hairdo = instantly ruined. My sinuses = instantly suffering.

We had some beautiful sun, a perfect weather for lomoshooting. I was enamoured with the way the water would reflect the rays of sunlight. If I could, I would just photograph those gorgeous white benches all day long. Along with people sitting far from each other, lost in thought, and the glistening water behind that scenery. I had to live up to my sister's expectations and the promise I had made, that's why instead of just lomoshooting random people, who happen to always light the wick, which is my curiosity, I took a few snaps of her and her fiance. Gdynia really surprised me, I think that's why that little trip made me feel so good. At first sight, the city was plain, even less interesting than Gdańsk, but when I was leaving, I realized I'd like to come back there one day. Actually I'd like to come back there quite often. Even though that would probably leave me broke. If you still keep on reading, please tune in next Monday, since I'm going to post something utterly important before my departure to Prague! :)

the news of the day is, finally, after some eventual paperwork, I am officially a student of year two of dentistry. 

Little shout-out to D. who was so amazing and shared a link to my blog on her fb timeline. Thank you for all the kind words. You're my inspiration! x






This is my favourite picture. I just love how other people take my camera, try to take a picture of me and always fail. One day I'm going to make a sum-up post on that topic. "Other people trying to photograph me. Beware, 99.8% pictures out of focus."

Somehow, with Katie and Evelyn posting about beaches today, I thought that this post would be a fit. I guess we all find it hard to let go of summer, don't we?

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I agree, people NEVER know how to take pictures of me. It's always blurry or too dark, or something haha but at least they try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are always so cute with "this time I'll get it right" kind of thing :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. As always, reading your posts brings so much to my life. It contributes the way as coffee in the morning, as if it was first time of hearing new piece of sth really good.
    Your pictures are fantastic. No words can describe but you've already knew that. Or U should ;>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any point in me absolutely fangirling about your photos again? Stunning! So, so beautiful! How I love being by the sea... sadly my only seaside time for the summer will be 3 days this weekend but it's better than nothing.

    And I am so jealous of you going to Prague! I NEED to go there and soon :D I can't wait for all the amazing photos you'll post afterwards!

    PS: If you think the wind at the seaside is bad - don't go to Berlin, because it's a fucking hurricane practically everyday over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes! How is Berlin that bad in the terms of the wind? It's still a must see for me one day :( About Prague, if I like it there, I might want to go with you! Thank you for all the fangirling, you're so precious!

      Delete
  4. I agree with so many points you mentioned.
    Beautiful captures, by the way... the glow in these pictures makes me want to head down to the beach right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow congratulations on your bit of news! What a great achievement :)

    Yet again, these pictures are beautiful. I really love the last picture too.

    Haha I'd love to see a post just of blurry pictures of you - I actually think it could be quite cool! :)

    Hope you have an amazing time in Prague. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about to send your postcard by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are lovely, looks like you got really good weather for the seaside! Glad to hear the paperwork got sorted and you're into your second year now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to live closer to the sea (and i only live 15 minutes by car from there)
    i love these light :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I would LOVE to live closer to the sea (40mins by car now) and wake up to it everyday. Beautiful pictures :)

      Delete
    2. YOU ARE BOTH SO LUCKY THEN!! <3 I need to drive a car for like 3 hours to see some sea :((

      Delete
  9. Good music in background, sipping my tea, and looking at your photos... That's my new favourite hobby :)

    Beautiful photos as always! I'm going to seaside tonight, so much inspiration you gave me! :) Also, can't wait for your Prague photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment is way to beautiful. I don't know how to even react to that. I love you.

      Delete
  10. Jeśli daję komukolwiek do ręki analoga po raz pierwszy, to mogę być całkowicie pewna, że zdjęcie będzie fatalne :D Aczkolwiek moja siostra się już nieźle wprawiła! :) Piękne ujęcia morza... Ach, zatęskniłam za wakacjami po raz kolejny. :C
    http://juliablonnik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures are wonderful! I absolutely love out of focus photos when they are done well and you do a marvelous job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely summery photos! makes me want to go for a swim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, wow, wow! Beautiful! 10 hours worth it. I can't get over these photos, you are seriously the best film taker ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done! Love love those pictures, the rich colour and everything about it <3

    x
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures! It looks wonderful :) I'm going to miss summer (even if I love fall).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Letting got sucks, everything goes slow and when the cold comes back it's always a shock. Stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.