shooting people

Friday 19 June 2015

Some time ago, I told you I was going to try to become more of a 'portrait-shooter' in future. As much as uncomfortable it makes me at the moment, when I still worry that I will be facing other person's expectations, I am trying to make it all happen. So here I am today, ready to show you a few photographs taken this week with my friend - Agata, of course in the Palace gardens. I don't know who was more stressed, Agata or myself, but somehow we managed to take a couple of nice shots. I especially love the first one. With a fairly clean frame, good light and thought behind it. With film, it is always scary, because you might not take any good shots, you let the model go, and you might just be left with nothing. I am still holding onto film though. Maybe I am scared of being mediocre. Because honestly, film is what makes it so special in my opinion. I wish I knew more about rules of composition, about how to make it even more unique. I might have learnt the ropes, but there is so much of development that can be done in this field. I am scared of bad opinions and critique, therefore photography stays as a hobby and a hobby only. It has made me realize, I have been shooting film for two years already! No interest had ever lasted that long!


About my personal life, if that interests you. I am still fighting with odds, when it comes to finishing year three with a fairly nice set of grades. I have two exams left, and then I will be able to call it vacation time. My room is a mess that I cannot conquer. My soul is still a romantic, gasping for air, when I saw you holding that huge red rose and handing it over to me. It still gets me, you know. But I still have problems with sharing too much. My heart aches from time to time, but whose doesn't? "There are some days where I feel like no matter where I go, I always end up feeling the same, because all the places are the same in the end. Or maybe it's just me and no matter where I go, I could never run far enough from who I am, and I could never run far enough from everything that hurts."








No comments

Post a Comment

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.