thirteen going on fourteen

Thursday 2 January 2014

May 2014 be kind and even better than 2013 was! In every possible way. It's not like I only started taking pictures after midnight, when half of the people had fled, and I had no idea how to act with a fisheye in my hand, which was shaking by the way. I'm going to brace myself, get some 400 iso films and be ready for Gdansk on the 10th. And what's most important, I will stay gold. To be quite honest, last year left me wanting more. I found myself counting fireworks, wishing myself as many chocolate bars, dirty messages, and patients as I could count at that point. I also wish myself more luck in multichotomous questions, which may be a pretty nice metaphor for always picking the best alternative, oh and a good person beside me, by the time 2015 comes.

Coming back to 2013 once more, it made me happy, more or less. And it flew by really fast. I was happy to be around people when it ended, even if I actually spent a lot of time locked away. I want to be a better person this year, to myself and to others. I should also drink less, care less and be a reasonable young woman that I am supposed to be. Right, like I will succeed anyway. Rumour has it, we can never change, therefore 2014 is more likely to be messy, crazy, and to add at least two more people into my diary stories. All because integrity and stability are not exactly my piece of cake. :) After '13 I do know more. I'm B RH negative, whiskey with sprite rocks my socks, it is about a person, not their gender, and pain is truly inevitable, yet suffering is optional. Sucks to say, but I'm turning 21 this year, which makes me legal everywhere in the whole world. Scary. Frustrating as well. My world is shrinking, when it's supposed to be expanding rapidly. I really hope you had a blast at your NYE parties wherever you were. Let's just stay positive about those forthcoming 365 days. And take more pictures, they last longer.  

It would be stupid to make any new year's resolutions. Sure, I could try to gain some kgs, go on a journey of a lifetime, fall in love, blah blah. Life is unpredictable. If you had listed things 2013 brought, back when it only started for me, I would laugh in your face. And I guess it'd had been hard to stop laughing, and in the end I'd just say some snarky comment about you being delusional or just shake my head mindlessly. But those were all my choices, only mine. If it says anything about me, maybe it means that I'm not that predictable after all?











14 comments:

  1. You know the year I didn't make any goals was the year I actually sort of did something with my life? It's all silly, you'll do the the things when you do them, a new number can't change that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What terrific advice! Take more photographs because they last longer indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your goals seem quite reasonable to me. Mine is simple to do more things - I don't really do anything usually so to do or learn something every day is quite the challenge. It'll be even harder when I start back at work :(

    Fun pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope 2014 will be better in every way, and I hope it'll be different; I'm sick of repeating tasks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not the one to make resolutions either, as I'm not disciplined enough to stick to them, but this year I have a few on my mind and I hope to succeed. If not, oh well, no biggie! I just know I'll continue to take photos no matter what :)

    Have a great 2014 Kasia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, the best thing about you that makes you so remarkable is that you're not afraid to speak your mind. In spite of whether it's positive or negative, it's all so realistic. I could listen to you go on all day, actually. (Enough of me sounding creepy haha.)
    I've pretty much given up on resolutions, because they seem phoney by my standards seeing as I'll never accomplish them. You're completely right though, life is unpredictable. And so are we. Here's to a spontaneous, fun-filled 2014; a year that we'll try and make worthy. x

    P.S. Have you heard of Bombay Bicycle Club? You strike me as the type to be into that kind of lovely music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year 2014. I hope you have a wonderful year filled with many exciting things :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a fish-eye lens makes things so interesting. I must attempt to use mine soon.

    xo,
    miranda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year lovely Kasia. Your photos are so great. The fish eye is amazing! I have always wanted to recreate that effect - so hip!

    I hope 2014 brings you countless surprises and blessings! You have a point with the whole resolutions thing. Perhaps just trying to be a better version of 'me' is good enough

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you all the best this year! Love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year! Hope 2014 is a blast for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha when I first saw the title of this post I thought maybe you were 13... and that would be kind of weird, actually. But these photos are really cool! I love the fisheye! And happy 2014!

    belle + compass

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving all of these fisheye pictures! Happy belated new year! Here's to 2014!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.