worry less. do more.

Monday 23 December 2013

I'm back home for Christmas time. Almost with a clean slate at my school. I was never too religious, so I'd rather use this time to rebuild myself and to think. I'd done an awful lot of thinking even before I left Białystok, but in a way thinking between getting one pass and another was not the healthiest kind of thinking. Done at 3am, brainwashed, tired.

Highlights of the week. I finally ordered myself some poetry that I'd longed for. Yes, I finally bought Love & Misadventure. Yays to reading under the sheets, with coffee and marshmallows. I'm somehow really curious about it. Not that the misadventure part is much more familiar to me, I remember how I could relate to Lang, the first time I read her works. But I do plan to write a separate post on the lovely time I spend with Miss Leav. I am finally getting the sleep that I needed and it feels bloody marvellous. It's hard not to stay up until early morning hours, especially when the topics of conversations get fiery, but I do enjoy my waking up at noon. I was never a big fan of Christmas time, but I do enjoy a party once in awhile, so my New Year's Eve options are still open. Surely you don't know, but a year ago, right after a new year began, I made myself a happy jar. A jar where I'd put mentions of things that made me happy in 2013. I am picky when it comes to officially labelling things as "happy makers". I forgot to bring it back home with me, but I do remember most of them, so even if I end up drinking champagne with my friend somewhere close to neither Białystok nor my hometown, I know I will be able to recall them all. 

I bought myself a used Lomo Fisheye. Why a Fisheye? I was never into such pictures so much, but when I saw a girl I know from high school times, selling her lomo on facebook, I just couldn't pass on such opportunity to try something new. Yes, I do enjoy new things in my life. It's beautiful, gold and to be quite honest it feels like a plastic toy in my hands. I got used to tank-like cameras, and being absolutely and utterly in love with my Praktica, which will stay in my heart forever, I'm just happy that I finally got something lighter, with a flash, which might be a fit for the life of the party that I lead from time to time. I am going to give it a try with a regular 200 iso roll (though I know what they recommend is actually 400, so we will see) and see for myself whether I get that vibe or using a toy-like camera is not for me.  As per usual, I plan to have a lot of fun while doing so. Gdańsk, here I come. I've never been to the sea in the winter before. Oh the joy of the first times.  Do you have any tips for me, as a beginning Fisheye user?

There are a million ways to bleed. But you are by far my favorite.” 
(One of "I wrote this for you" little paragraphs that make me want to scream inside. There will be a post on those books and my favourite quotes, containing about a million of words, since I love each and every sentence that this book carries inside. Damn me, my feelings and those pages.)

I will speak to you soon! Have a merry one, guys! Thank you for sticking around. I know 2014 will be exquisite. There is just no other way, you know. Thank you Erin, for this beautiful Christmas card that you've sent me. You're the loveliest! Thank you for making my Christmas brighter with all those glitter little Christmas trees! Thank you, Katie, for ever introducing me to the idea of lomography. Your blog was what pushed me towards making my own. Thank you everyone for being such a great inspiration in 2013.






11 comments:

  1. Gdańsk is waiting ! ale na razie Olsztyn i chyba jeszcze niejedno piwo, bo mam coś Twojego ;**

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the sweetest, kasia! I'm so glad you decided to pick up film photography and start this blog because you're so good at it, truly. I hope you have fun with the fisheye, maybe you'll inspire me to pick one up for myself. Lots of love to you for xmas and the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. miło zobaczyć zdjęcie swojego miasta : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like the personal touch on your photographs!! Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christmassy mood in these pictures!
    Happy Christmas Kasia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a merry xmas! I've got a lomo fisheye too, my tip is to use at least iso 400 film to get pretty pictures! I also love how black and white photos turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2014 will be exquisite! i drink to that :)

    i'm not a Christmas person myself and have to say i feel relieved for surviving my family's dinner and lunch and be back home alone again with the cats!
    Have fun with the fish eye - use it with lots of light :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing! Merry Christmas!

    Lots of love from the casper&pearl girls,
    casper&pearl blog xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure how I missed this post but I'm glad you liked the card hun :)
    Wishing you all the best for 2014 ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, your fisheye is very "fantasy" Kasia :-) I see that you're loving your fisheye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots, and a great post! :)
    Loving it :)

    ReplyDelete

© Dipped in Rococo ~ lifestyle in analog Maira Gall.